background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Me? On TV????

It's been a bit of a crazy week. My son had strep at the end of last week and I found out yesterday (Wednesday) that I too have strep! Yippeee!!!  I'm just thankful that God gave us medicine to help us heal.

   My week has been really busy with many things on the to do list at work (I'm still waiting for some to hit the "to done" list) that I forgot about a local news channel contacting me to interview me about Black Friday. Yep... Black Friday. Can you believe it's time to start thinking about it already?  When we discussed it over the phone, I understood that nothing would happen until I gave them the okay for filming on Thursday (today). In the chaos called my life, I didn't get back with them and totally forgot about it until.... are you ready???.... I get a call at 3:34 Thursday when I'm picking my son up from the sitter that the news channel is at my house!! Yes, they are there waiting for me- and they're filming!

  When she called to verify the address, I told the anchor that I wasn't home and it would be about 15 minutes. I also mentioned that I had strep and wasn't prepared. She didn't really mind and said she would wait for me. So, they waited and I drove as quickly as I legally could to get through 3 school zones and many stop lights to my house that didn't get picked up last night because I felt terrible. This was going to be GREAT!

   Anyway, I got home and immediately set the kiddo off and running to help mommy pick up, took the dogs outside and prayed they didn't run away or bark too loudly. Just as I was finishing up the tidying, there was a knock at the door and in they came- camera and host. I didn't have make up on - well, just foundation since I'm having an allergic reaction to something in one of my eyes- and I had major bags under my eyes from being ill and not getting rest. My dress had a stain (maybe from lunch????) on it that I didn't realize until we were interviewing! Oh boy. Great fun! Does it really matter when you are as charming as me???? I hope not!

   To top it off, there weren't really any great deals posted for Black Friday. :( I didn't even get to tell the principal, which I like to do before something like this so they are not off guard when they see one of their teachers on TV.

   I do enjoy seeing the host though as she loves my son. It went well and I think the interview part is what they'll use the most. I showed a site that allows you to sign up to get the ads delivered to your mailbox- but they already knew about that one.  This was my second filming with them and it will be my third interview. Although it wasn't ideal, it worked out just fine. I'm sure they will make it all work out and look great. They did a good job the last time. Now, I just have to wait until the airing... Not until November. What a wait! 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wowsers! I'm sure you did great and I hope you'll tell us when you are going to be on the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking about Black Friday...already????

    ReplyDelete