background

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Peach Whiskey Barbecue Chicken

It's funny how this came about. A few weeks back a friend let me know about the Peach Whiskey Barbecue Chicken recipe she found at The Pioneer Woman (one of my favorites). The next day, I was reading another blog that mentioned the same thing. I decided it must be something truly spectacular since it was everywhere so I would try it.

As a recipe to make, it's fairly simple. Lots of time in the oven= tender, fall off the bone chicken and time to do other things in the house. I like that!

Cost wise, not terribly expensive unless you run out of Jack, which we did! You could cut this in half if you have a smaller family- which is what we should have done, but I wanted to have leftovers for 2 nights later. I'm lazy and like to do a leftover day if I can.

Taste wise: This was pretty doggone good. I think if I hadn't skipped a step- which happens when cooking with a 2-year old running between your legs and you're trying to keep him away from popping oil on the stove- it would have had more flavor and less fat. The step I accidentally skipped, pouring off half the fat before adding the whiskey, peaches, and bbq sauce. What was the problem with skipping it- much more liquid than should have been and not as much flavor from the good stuff. :(

Would I make it again- sure thing! I liked how simple and easy it was. As a working mother, that's what I look for in a recipe.

Thank you, Ree the Pioneer Woman for tasty deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment