background

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Amazed....

I am constantly amazed at what God does. He is totally amazing. Ten days after my son was born, my husband was laid off from his job. It was bittersweet. Bitter because who wants to be laid off just after the birth of a child no-less. Sweet because he would get to be home with the little one until he found a job.

Fast forward two years, after numerous applications, resumes, interviews with many companies, hubby was offered a position at a truly fantastic company. We didn't realize who truly fantastic until he started working. In the few months that he's been there, hubby has had paid vacation time, an excellent holiday party, trick-or-treat for employees' kids, and dinner with Santa. Amazing.

I really believe God let all this happen at the time he did for a reason. That's the thing about God. He knows the right thing to do at the right time- even if it doesn't seem it at all! One of my favorite verse in the Bible is "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jer. 29:11.

During this time, God provided for us in many ways. Hubby took full advantage of being at home with the little one and joined a moms group. Because of this, I was able to meet great new women and take a coupon class that not only helped me, but helped me help others by teaching them how to save money using coupons. We learned about the important things in life- family, friends, hope, love, joy, forgiveness, grace, and gratitude.

God clearly had a plan for us during that time. His timing for everything is perfect even if we don't think so. Trust in Him. He knows what He's doing. Just have faith that all will work out and rely on Him to make it all work out the way it should.

When the lay off happened, we didn't know what God's plan could possibly be- especially when everyone around us was being laid off as well. I honestly didn't know where the prosperity, hope and future were going to come from. At times it was hard to see. Clearly, God had a plan. He let my husband stay home until lil man was 2 then blessed him with a truly great job at a really fantastic company.

It's like Max Lucado said in his book, Cosmic Christmas, "I could not comprehend God's plan, but my understanding was not essential. My obedience was." Think about that for a few. 
 If you ever feel like there is no end in sight to whatever you are going through, please realize that yes, there is a plan for it and everything will work out as it should in the end if you obey. God is good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment