background

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Sausage Hash recipe review

Last week I tried a recipe from the Taste of Home Five Ingredient Cookbook.  The recipe I chose was based on what I had available at the time- Sausage Hash. The ingredients were staples I usually always have:  bulk sausage, carrots, potatoes, onions, salt, and green pepper.

Overall, it was decent. I wouldn't say fantastic. However, the next morning I added it to my breakfast sandwich I eat every day (scrambled egg with cheese on wheat). That was great. I then used it again on Wednesday as a spur of the moment left over day. I simply added eggs to it and then sprinkled cheese on top. This time, it received rave reviews from hubby. E, well, he just wants hot dogs right now. I think Mickey Mouse Clubhouse might have something to do with that!

  Here's the recipe and a photo:

Ingredients

  • 1 pound bulk pork sausage
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 medium carrots, grated
  • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
  • 3 cups diced cooked potatoes
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

  • In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the onion, carrots and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in the potatoes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment