background

Friday, November 11, 2011

Couponing.... pros and cons...

Yes, I said it. There are cons to couponing.... But the pros are more worth it.

Most of you know that I coupon regularly. I don't really ever pay full price for anything (except some of the organic/nonallergenic foods I need for Everett). I've been couponing for over 2 years now. I've learned a lot over the way.

Pros:
-never having to pay for deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine products, paper towels, and lots of groceries can end up free if the store doubles coupons,
-knowing when to buy something vs. buying out of necessity and spending too much,
-learning to be organized.
-trying products you normally wouldn't try

Cons:
-you collect a lot of stuff which leads to a semi-hoarding lifestyle,
-it does take organization and time as well as shopping strategy which means taking time.

Image via
We have saved thousands of dollars the past 2 years using coupons.

My warning to you: know what you're getting yourself into! Have a place to store things, carve out time in your day for clipping, organizing and shopping. Be aware that you will never want to pay for the above listed items again....

No comments:

Post a Comment