background

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Parmesan

I'm a HUGE fan of Chicken Parmesan; however, I'm not a fan of all the fat and calories it has. I decided to make a light version one night for dinner. How hard could it be right???

I took boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cooked them in a pan with olive oil. I added a little garlic salt to the breasts while cooking. After they were finished, I put them to the side and added a can of diced tomatoes, italian seasoning and extra parsley to the pan and let that simmer a few minutes. I then added the chicken back to the pan and topped with some of the tomatoes. Last step was to put slices of mozzarella (or shredded mozz works too) and covered for about 2 minutes (long enough for the cheese to melt). Simply served on top of pasta. Wah La!

Review: Not as good as the original fried, but a great alternative. One problem I had was I added a little too much olive oil to the pasta. That was the one complaint was the olive oil was too strong. So, be careful with how much you use. The brand I had is very strong in flavor so I think that made a big difference too. However, I enjoyed it as a healthy alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment