background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Meal plan for the week of 7-5

   This summer I'm trying to get better at planning out the meals and writing them on the calendar next to the fridge so as to eliminate the "What's for dinner tonight" dilemma. I don't know if you go through those, but I do all the time. I'm learning the hints and tricks of how this works through a new favorite blog, Krista's Kitchen

Here's the plan for this week:
Breakfast choices are: yogurt, toast & fruit; oatmeal, pancakes, eggs, and cinnamon rolls as a treat on Friday or Saturday morning.

Lunch choices: Pasta salad, tuna salad, salami, ham or pb&j sandwiches all with fruit and chips/pretzels or leftovers. There are also quick fix choices in the freezer (courtesy of Lean Cuisine).

Dinners:
Tonight: Pork loin with asparagus and parsley potatoes
Tomorrow: Honey Grilled Chicken (from Krista's site), corn on the cob, and sweet potatoes. Since Jay doesn't like sweet potatoes, I'll bake him a potato.
Thursday: Spagetti (an easy night!).
Friday: we always eat with my mom on Friday.
Saturday: Crunchy onion chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes.

   I'll revisit my meal plan on Sunday, but we'll have to eat leftovers at some point. I figure they can be lunch or an easy dinner night or we can eat them on Sunday.
   Since school ended, I've been shopping on Mondays or Thursdays. I'm choosing Monday next week for just a few things as I am off due to the holiday and some other things that popped up. The good thing about Thursdays- Giant Eagle's new deals go into effect! :)

   I'll let you know how this works out for me. I'm new to total meal planning as Krista does it, but I think it makes perfect sense.

   Also, I love to try new recipes. This will give me a chance to try at least 1 new recipe a week. It's something I did 2 years ago with a friend at work, but since she's not longer working with me, I got out of the habit. I think I'm going back to it. It was fun and gave us something to look forward too- plus, I really like to rate them with my family and then state what we'd change about it! I'll let you know how the Honey Grilled Chicken turns out! :)

1 comment:

  1. Honey grilled chicken sounds good...I'm not handling BBQ poultry very good right now...I wonder if I might be able to eat that...
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete