background

Friday, July 15, 2011

Honey Grilled Chicken - SCRUMPTIOUS!

Last week I posted my meal plan. In it was a recipe from Krista's Kitchen called Honey Grilled Chicken. It sounded and looked so fantastic on her blog that I had to try it.

I made the recipe this past Sunday for my parents, nephew and my own little family. I had 5 large chicken breasts that I cut in half. Needless to say, there was plenty of chicken to go around.

I never used ginger root before. I must say I was a little intimidated by it's funky shape, but it was very easy to use. I mean, all you do is grate it. It added such great flavor!  After making the marinade, I let it sit in the fridge for about 8 hours. We took it out and my hubby put it on the grill while I made the parsleyed potatoes and asparagus. About 15 minutes later, we had a very scrumptious dinner! The only things I forgot were a nice bread and dessert (so we had Oreos). :)

My picture isn't as great as Krista's are, but you can tell it was a hit as my 2-year-old's finger is on my plate.

Everyone really enjoyed it. I received compliments from some very finicky eaters. Thank you Krista for a great meal!

For those with allergies, this is a very friendly recipe. I changed the parsleyed potatoes from using butter to using olive oil to coat, garlic salt and parsley for seasoning. My parents are used to using lots of butter to make these, but since Everett has a dairy allergy, I used olive oil. They didn't seem to mind at all and said the flavoring was quite good as an alternative.

What recipe are you trying?

No comments:

Post a Comment