background

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Meal Plan 8-21 through 8-27- Dairy Free week challenge

I'm new to blogging and reading blogs. I can tell you, it's addicting. I came across a blog that is becoming one of my favorites quickly- john's journal. Her challenges with finding dairy free recipes, as well as our limitations with Everett and his allergies, led me to this week's meal plan. I wanted to a do a week with NO Dairy. It's not easy, but can be done! I'm thinking it will be tasty.

Sunday: Rotisserie chicken with parsley potatoes (made with olive oil and garlic salt instead of butter) and spinach salad. I'm cheating since I have to do shopping and class prep on Sundays.
Monday: Wild rice and mushroom chicken from Taste Of Home 5 Ingredient recipe book.
Tuesday: Pot roast in the crock pot (potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, soup mix)
Wednesday: Easy Pork Chop Suey from Pillsbury Best Family Supper 2007 cookbook
Thursday: Saute of chicken and Broccoli from Food Network. (One of my favorites and very healthy!)
Friday: out to eat with my folks
Saturday: BLTs and a birthday party
Sunday: Honey grilled chicken with baked sweet potatoes

The new recipes for the week fall on Monday and Wednesday. I'll do the review of course and let you know how it goes.
An upcoming blog to look forward to (and share with your hubby): How to get new "wheels" on your car for less than $30. I'm working on the write up and sifting through the pics. Soooo cool how great my car now looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment