background

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beef and Bean Burritos... Can't miss!

Tonight, I made the Beef and Bean Burritos from Kristaskitchen.com.  I don't know where to start. It was beyond good. It was delicious! I did think that a little spanish rice in them would be a nice addition. I'll do it that way next time!

First, I made it easy on myself and simply put a roast in the crock pot before heading to school to do a little work. In the afternoon, it was done and I could easily shred it up for the filling. Super simple. I cut the recipe in half as I don't need 24 burritos. It's only hubby and me eating them as the kiddo can't have dairy which is abundant in this recipe. By cutting it in half, I still had 12 burritos. We cooked 6 (for dinner and lunches) and froze the remaining 6. I also didn't have the jalapeno or hormel chili (I was too lazy to head to the store for 2 ingredients - you know what happens when you make this trip).

While the hubby took the kiddo to the "monkey bars" (aka, park), I got to cooking. This recipe does take a little time. While the pan of burritos was baking, I finished assembling the other burritos and labeled them for their new home in the freezer. How cool that we now have 6 burritos in the freezer for lunch at a later time! I loved that she included cooking instructions for the burritos. Fantastic! 

I think everyone who likes Mexican should try this recipe. It did take about 1.5 hours from start to finish (not including the slow cooker roast), but it is truly scrumptious and you have lunches and dinners for a while. Give it a shot. Absolutely one of the tastiest burritos I've had in a while! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment