background

Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to School- Already???

Wow! I can't believe how time has flown this summer. Maybe it's because of all we have done to the house or that summer just seems to have been getting started. It's amazing that I go back to school on Tuesday. Students join me on Wednesday.

Going back to school means a change in routine and schedule. For some, it's welcome because you get back to "normal" (whatever that is). For some, it's scary, new teachers, new school, new friends, new classes and definitely new expectations. I find this to be very true for students going from middle school to high school. What great changes come at this age, let alone all the new things high school has to offer! YIKES! or YAY! However you choose to see it. (For the record, I'm a YAY-er- at least until it's my guy going to high school.)

Yes, even for teachers, it's definitely different getting back in the classroom. We have to return to a "normal" routine. I have no clue that what will be for me this year. I'll still be teaching, but managing everything at home too will be a challenge in the evenings. Ya see, this past year was easy as I was not trying to cook at home as much so going to the gym was easy since we could just stop by Chipotle or a pizza shop to get dinner. This made the routine very easy. Now, I don't know how I'll find the time to cook good meals (to save some cash) as well as head to the gym, pick up the house, grade papers, write lesson plans and spend time with my family. Did you notice the order there? Yep, family came last. My goal this year is to make them come first. I don't know how I'll do it, but I will. Maybe instead of going to the gym 4 days a week, I take up running with friends in the evening 2 days a week, head to the gym 2 days a week and hit a workout video another day. Time will tell. I've gotta get it together though as I'm down to 1 week left and tons of projects left undone.

List of projects to finish before school starts:
-set up classroom (this is started. I just need to do some putting away and organizing)
-do a week's worth of lesson plans (started last night)
-finish rag quilt
-finish baby blanket
-organize old photos and put them away.
-finish (well, add to since they are really finished until you run out of room!) the picture collage wall
-develop a cleaning routine/strategy
- finish my necklace organizer
-create an earring and bracelet organizer
-go to the Cleveland and akron zoos
-Go to Waterworks 1 last time
-Spend as much time with everyone as I possibly can.
Oh yeah, and find a babysitter for Everett.
See why I'm overwhelmed???  I'm up for delegating. Please let me know which activity you would like to take aside from the last 4. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment