background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Spinach Sausage Soup

This is another of the recipes I found in The Five Ingredient Cookbook from Taste of Home. I was going through a week where I didn't really feel like cooking and when you go through that, recipes with 5 ingredients or less are a God-send.

While thumbing through the book, I found Spinach Sausage Soup. Kicker- it had a 20 minute prep/cook time. Score!

 I must admit that the day I made this, I sat down and looked at it only to think "Yuck. I'm really going to eat this concoction?!" Again, I was going through a phase and didn't care about anything. Toss me a pizza and I'll be happy.

This recipe was 1. quick, 2. simple, 3. flavorful and 4. the most delicious thing I'd eaten in a while! I was so glad I cooked it- and even more glad that I ate it! Sorry, the two-year-old Cheri almost won on this one.

It is so good. I can't emphasize enough how good it was. I shared it with hubby and a friend. Both absolutely loved it! Simple, easy, speedy, delicious. Enough said.



Recipe: Spinach Sausage Soup - from Taste of Home
Yield: 10 servings.

1 pound bulk italian sausage (I use Bob Evans)
4 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth
8 small red potatos quartered and sliced thin (I used about 12... I like potatoes... red with skins please)
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix (I<3 Good Seasons)
2 c fresh spinach (or frozen chopped)

In  a large skillet, brown the Italian sasuage over medium heat. Meanwhile, in a duth oven or large pot, combine the broth, potatoes and salad dressing mix. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
   Drain sausage. Add sausage and spinach to the broth mixture; heat through.


Join me at 33 Shades of Green's Tasty Tuesday! There are several other recipes to try as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment