background

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

I have a favorite dip for parties- Buffalo Chicken Dip. I love it. I think it's fantastic. If I see a crock of it, I'll belly up to it like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, I love that dip.

I have a favorite sandwich- the all American classic grilled cheese sandwich. No lie. I love it. I could live on it. According to the doctor, my arteries wouldn't love it as much if I did that.

Now, imagine life with the two combined? Yep.. I found a recipe that does just that.

Imagine your life with meal planning when you know you'll have left over chicken breast and you have everything else you need to make this recipe... Even better.

I was perusing pinterest one day and saw this recipe. I added it to the meal plan for the day after lil man's tonsillectomy. I'd need quick and easy meals after holding a toddler for a few hours a day (no complaints). This was perfect.

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Image from here
The recipe was good. You should be aware that the recipe is for 1 sandwich.

 Now, here's the problem. It calls for blue cheese. I can do it sometimes, but there's a certain kind of blue cheese I like and I thought I grabbed the right brand at the grocer, but since it had been a while, I was wrong. Hence, it was good, but not as good as it could have been. If you love all kinds of blue cheese, you'll have no problem with it. Next time, I'm simply leaving out the blue cheese. And, yes, there will be a next time!

Click the link for the recipe from closetcooking.com.

Join me at 33 Shades of Green's Tasty Tuesday. Let's see what else is cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment