background

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Strawberry Dream Smoothie

During my tonsillectomy, I really didn't eat much new- nor did I cook- aside from jello and Lipton soup. As I progressed, I tried new and different foods. One of which was a smoothie recipe I had wanted to make that I found in my Nestle cookbook.

First, this was very simple to make. It had nutrients I clearly needed. It took just a minute to throw together... okay, maybe 5 minutes.

I had 1 big problem with this recipe (other than it was too thick for me to enjoy the whole thing) - I couldn't find Nestly Carnation Instant Breakfast in Strawberry flavor. So, I used what I had which was vanilla.

This was really tasty and smooth. It was refreshing and filled with nutrients which was fantastic! I actually plan on making this in the mornings on my way to school. Maybe not every morning, as I love my scrambled egg sandwiches for the commute, but certainly at least 1-2 times a week.

Here's the recipe:
8 oz strawberry fat free yogurt (I used Greek yogurt for extra protein)
1 packet Stawberry flavored Carnation Instant Breakfast
1/2 c. frozen strawberries (optional- but totally recommended)
1/2 c. fat free milk ( I drink 1%, so that's what I used)
1/2 c ice cubes

toss it all in the blender, cover and blend until smooth.

Wa la!! Simple, quick and easy, yet totally scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment