background

Monday, January 2, 2012

Book Review: The Pioneer Woman Cooks

It's time for another book review! I've been reading as much as I can fit in during this busy time. I asked for this book for Christmas but couldn't wait. So, I simply borrowed it from the library. :)

Image from Amazon
This book is fantastic! I love every page. The pictures are fantastic. Ree brings a little ranch life to your life which is fun. I've always wanted to live on a ranch, so I get happy seeing all the pics of horses, cattle, cowboys in chaps... oops, I mean, wilderness.

Yes, this is more than a cookbook. Ree puts in stories behind recipes and stories about life, including how she met "Marlboro Man".

As far as the recipes go, they are simple, basic, filled with ingredients I've found in my pantry. The recipes are certainly filled with yummy goodness, not really low fat/low cal cooking, but those recipes you love as comfort foods. Just good, down-home cooking.

What I love most, there are pictures for every step in every recipe. Yes, I said it... a picture for every step of every recipe. AMAZING! I typically do not buy cookbooks that do not give a picture of every recipe, so this is beyond a great cookbook.

As you can tell, I highly recommend this as one to own and use in your kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment