background

Monday, June 18, 2012

Yummy Eats for the Week.

The story goes that since I'm on summer break, I've fallen out of many habits. I'm getting lazy. It's true. It's terrible. Don't get me wrong, I'm doing a lot and have really only spent 5 days of the past 20 at home all day. I'm making little progress on my goals for the year and I really am not into reading much either. I don't know what's up. I just want to play with my lil man.

So, I'm going to start writing out my meal plans for y'all again. It keeps me accountable and maybe it will give you some ideas. I'm shopping on Monday mornings now as the stores are not busy and doesn't take from time with hubby and lil man. Granted, shopping with lil man is a little challenging at times. The links will lead you straight to the recipe for the items. Be sure to stop back as I'll review the recipes after I make them.

Monday: Brown Sugar and Bourbon Flank Steak with Cheesy Zucchini rice. Both from Tracey's Culinary Adventure... a favorite food blog.
Tuesday: Meatball subs and french fries
Wednesday: Breakfast (french toast with bacon or a quiche)
Thursday: Taco salads served in biscuit bowls (I forgot the shells at the store as lil man was trying to escape from the cart).
Friday: Honey grilled chicken with grilled potatoes and veggies served with cake for lil man's birthday!
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Grilled cheese or burgers or quesadillas.

Hopefully, this week the local farmer's market will have some good stuff so I can get some new things to try. This morning, I gave my son a piece of toast with a flavored honey from the market and he loved it! Let's see what else I can get him to like.

No comments:

Post a Comment