background

Friday, June 8, 2012

My addiction....

I have a problem. Yes, I'm finally admitting it... I can't believe I'm about to tell you... Really? Should I? Hmm... Well, here goes nothing... I'm addicted to books. There I said it. Whew!

I have so many stinking books that it's absolutely ridiculous. Sad thing, I haven't read them all. Problem: I not only have shelves of books at home, they are at school, and since Hubby bought me a Kindle Fire for my tonsillectomy, I have a bunch on there as well. Not to mention it's library reading program time and I have library books too.

I love free Kindle books. I download them all the time. I love going to the library and just perusing the books (children's, YA, adult, fiction, nonfiction, you name it). The greatest thing, the library lets you check out books for free- provided you 1. return them, 2. return them on time.  It's a sad state. Really, it is.

What's the problem? Well, I'd rather read than do housework or exercise or watch tv. I so love to read. The other problems: I'm a slow reader (I like to read in my head as I would outloud - animated and fun) and I have many books going at the same time. Who does that to themselves? Seriously, it's an illness and I need to get on some major medication.

Right now, I'm reading:
The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier (a whole 180 pages of ease but I'm not into it right now)
Fifty Shades Freed by E L James (not a genre I usually read and I skip the explicit parts- I'm reading it because the first was a book club choice and I get hooked on trilogies- I have to finish them).
To Love Anew (some free Kindle book)

My goal: Finish 50 shades and move to Chocolate War then to Total Money. I have about 10 books I brought home from my classroom that I want to read and figure lesson plans for (am I crazy or what?). I think I'm attempting to overachieve and I doubt I'll finish all of it, but it's worth a try- not to mention other books I want to read that I've heard about, read excerpts from, friends recommend, or whatnot. Oh yeah, plus the 2 books about reading instruction and comprehension I borrowed from the library that are due next week. I better get reading!

Please tell me there are others like me out there? How do you have time to read it all? It's so true: "So many books, so little time". I'm out! Off to get a few minutes to an hour in reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment