background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Spicy Shredded Pork

How appropriate that on Valentine's Day I'm cooking from the cookbook I love?  Yet again, I'm cooking from The Pioneer Woman Cookbook. I know, I know... I promise I'll move on next week. Promise. I'm sure I'll be back again to her cookbook, but I will take a break for a week. I think I'm gaining about a pound a week eating PW style.

Back to the spicy shredded pork recipe. This is simple and easy. I cooked it in a crock pot instead of a dutch oven as she recommends. It's just easier that way during the week. It turned out beautifully.

The flavor was subtle yet good. I really liked it because it's versatile. This recipe doesn't need to stay with pulled pork sandwiches as with barbecued pulled pork. You could easily switch it up into enchiladas, soups, whatever you would like. I like this option that I can make it and not have to be locked into sandwiches for the next day... or three.

It's simple, light, delicious. I say try it! Perfect blend of spices. It's now the pork I go to instead of bbq simply because I can freeze leftovers to use in another recipe. I love being able to make life easier later... Don't you?

Image from here


I'm linking up to 33 Shades of Green- Tasty Tuesday! Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment