background

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Spaghetti

Have I told you how much I love The Pioneer Woman and her blog and her cookbook? Yeah, kinda wanna be her bestie. I mean, living on a ranch and cooking and cowboys and horses... horses? Yes!!! I could even have chickens if I wanted out there. Which, for the record, I do want chickens and have for about 7-8 years.

Yet, I digress... Back to the recipe review. This past week, I decided to try the Chicken Spaghetti recipe from Mrs. Ree Drummond.
Image from here

She calls for a fryer chicken cut up and boiled so you can use the broth for cooking the spaghetti and add left over broth to the casserole. I had made a chicken in the crock pot earlier and simply used the left over cut up chicken. I had more than enough and we had been eating on the chicken for 2 days in soup and as a meal. I simply used the left over meat and some broth I had to make this recipe.

This recipe was easy to make and very very tasty. My husband bit into it and said, "Wow, honey. This is good." A few minutes later, I heard that it was really good. Then I tasted it and practically fell over in love with the flavors in this recipe. It is amazing! So delicious.

If you make a full recipe, please beware that it makes a lot! I made the recipe as it was called (with the exception of the chicken/broth). I used the correct amount of ingredients. It says it serves 6-8. I would say that's with generous portion sizes. Use a very large bowl for mixing. I barely had enough room in my big mixing bowl. It was overflowing. Because it made so much, I split it into two 8x8 pans. I baked one and froze the other. Isn't it great when you find recipes like this that make it easy to do that (and the pans in the back of the cabinet to freeze with)?

Some things I liked about this:
- I could easily use left over chicken or a rotisserie on those busy nights to make this.
- It's versatile. I could easily use up left over veggies in this recipe. Whatever is in the fridge would be good in it.
- It's superbly tasty.
- It's freezable.

Should you try it? ABSOLUTELY! This week even. Fabulous and amazing. Click the link above and here for the recipe.

I borrowed the picture from PW's website. I didn't think about taking a pic until it was almost gone. Those things happen!

I'm joining up with 33 Shades of Green's Tasty Tuesday. Pop on over and see if there are any other recipes you want to try.






No comments:

Post a Comment