background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tasty Tuesday Italian Wedding Soup

I love soup in the winter. There's nothing like it. We generally have it once a week between September and March. No lies there. Hubby has learned to love soup because of this. Shoot, some days, he comes home and asks for a certain kind of soup. Finally, something we both agree on for dinner!

I wanted to make a new soup. I saw this recipe at Tracey's Culinary Adventure for Italian Wedding Soup. I decided to try it. It has some of my favorite things in it: kale, garlic, pasta and carrots. I'm good with that!
Italian Wedding Soup

The recipe was easy to make. The most time consuming part of it was making the meat balls, which really wasn't that bad. They are made with ground pork. I had never heard of such a thing or worked with such a thing, so it was a new experience for me.

Overall the recipe was easy to make and pretty tasty. It didn't take long to make.  Hubby and my Italian sitter loved it. They couldn't get enough of it. I, on the other hand, felt it needed something more to it. I don't know what, well, I think it could have used onion, more garlic, and possibly a little finely diced sauteed celery. Toss in some parsley and life would be grand. I must confess that I was also under the spell of a sinus infection and therefore had issues with tasting things. Lil man liked it and ate it- that's a bonus.

If you would like to try it, click the link here or above to find the recipe. She also took that beautiful picture above.

As always, I'm joining up with 33 Shades of Green's Tasty Tuesday. Come on over and see what others are making!

No comments:

Post a Comment