background

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Button Love...

I've had a great few weeks. Some of my projects that were on my list of things to do are getting done. Not many, but a few. Really, truth be told, I'm just enjoying my time with lil man. He's so fun- sometimes out of control, but you'll have that with 3 year old little boys. I wouldn't have it any other way.

One of the projects on my list was the button bracelet I started at the May Craft Day... yes, I still hadn't finished. I can honestly say, I want to add about 4 more little buttons (when I find some I like in the huge stash of buttons lying around my home). I hadn't been feeling creative until the past 2 weeks. Now I'm in a groove and getting things done. One day when I had finished an amazing book (I'll blog about it soon), I needed to just process things in it and get myself back to reality. In order to do so, Hubs and I turned on Season 1 of Game of Thrones (which I actually liked and now want to read the books- I never want to do that after watching something in a movie/tv). I grabbed my needle, thread, band, and buttons and began working away. In 2 episodes, I had completed my bracelet (save the 4 small buttons that I need to find.





I totally love it! I put a Mickey Mouse button on there for my son who loves Mickey. Other than that, the buttons are just ones that I liked and in a variety of colors. I can wear this with almost everything! Love those types of pieces.

Next up, maybe a necklace, some canvas work with initials and symbols relevant to us to be used as artwork. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment