background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

God in His infinite wisdom

It's been a long 2 years. For those of you who aren't aware, my son was born the last week of June. My husband took care of the little guy and me so well while I was recovering. He took one week off work. When he returned to work 9 days later, he was told he was being laid off. Thankfully, he was granted a decent severance package.

  We figured that he would be able to find a job by the time the severance ran out. Boy were we wrong! It's been much longer than we expected. He had some job offers, but when you figure in the cost of childcare, we would be paying out far more than we brought in. That's not a good place either. We declined a few jobs because working for just over minimum wage will not pay for childcare and we do not qualify for any assistance as I make just a little too much for any assistance.

As I look back at this time, I have to thank God for it. He's just amazing. Because of my hubby's lay off, I've learned the art of couponing and been able to share it with others (even a stint on TV), my son has been extremely well taken care of and is one of the greatest kids I've ever met (so I may be biased), we've met many wonderful people through the moms group my husband joined, we've been blessed with many family and friends who support us with prayer, words of encouragement, meals, clothing for the little guy, time spent together and countless other little blessings. Clearly, what was meant for harm, was turned to good. I guess we live by "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

None of this is easy to admit or go through, but God is good. His timing for everything is perfect and He will see that all things work out. I love Him and thank Him for all He has done for us. Without Christ, I fear we, as a family, would not have made it.
Happy together! BTW, check out that beautiful scenery!

God is good. We prayed for a job for the past 2 years. This summer a family member told us of an opening. Hubby applied. 8 weeks after the initial interview (and several others plus A LOT of waiting- patience is not our forte), God supplied us with a job. Not just any job, but a job where hubby may be really successful and grow. A job with bonuses, benefits, close to home and family values. The week prior to this, Jer. 33:3 showed up EVERYWHERE I turned. We called... He answered and Ephesians 3:20-21 answer. Yes, He does infinitely more than we can ask or imagine. Thank you to our family, but even more- Thank You, Jesus, for your constant goodness in our lives even when we can't see it and don't understand. You alone are AMAZING!

Please pray as we make a decision on a child care provider. This is the "last" step in this process. Once the kiddo is taken care of, it's a matter of figuring out schedules and such.

Please learn from us, rely on God. His ways are NOT our ways, but they are what is best for us. Of this, I'm certain even though I often question and do not understand. It's not meant for us to understand, simply follow and believe. Trust Him, for He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment