background

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Making the menu pretty!

I love my command center. The white board with the pen holder and notecard holder for jotting down messages when the menu was on the white board etc. I just didn't really care for the white board as the menu spot. Why, I couldn't tell you.

One day, hubby and I were cleaning out a room and I came across an old mirror that was kind of stained and had a fog on it in spots and some yellow dots on it. I didn't want to let it go as I liked the styling of it. It's quaint and could easily have a new purpose. So, I figured I would turn it into a menu board in the kitchen.

Yep, them are my legs and the crocs flip flops I've had for over 5 years. Love those things!

With a little primer, left over white paint from the trim in the dining room and chalkboard paint from E's playroom, I took to turning the mirror into a menu board. I chose to use the white paint because it goes with everything (we plan on repainting the kitchen in the next year or two so I can update it then) and because I had a lot of it available!

In a matter of 2 days, I had a new menu board. Next it was where to hang it. I decided I would put it right by the back kitchen door above our current ginormous trash can (one day we'll hide it away and use a small one that fits into a pantry or something). Confession, the trash can is not ginormous, it's 13 gallon capacity just sits on the wall by itself beside (and behind when open) the kitchen door.


No, I didn't take a pic of that corner as it needs cleaning and I didn't feel like doing it before snapping the picture.

I love where I hung it as I can see exactly what I need to do and if I forget on the way out in the morning, there's a quick reminder for me to do a 5 second turn and get whatever from the freezer for dinner that night or the next night. So nice!

Best thing, this cost us nothing as we already had everything from previous projects! :) Yippee Skippy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment